Florida Estate Administration Lawyer
Orange, Seminole and Volusia County Estate Planning Attorney
Estate administration and probate are issues that come with a great deal of stress and difficulty, especially given the context in which these events take place. In order to complete the process successfully, you need an attorney who fully understands these matters and can guide you through them with as much ease as possible.
The hallmark of our practice is our commitment to listening and understanding. Because we know that every legal matter is different, we take time to learn the details of your case. We also identify your objectives, so that we can adopt strategies that help meet your goals.
Our Estate Administration Practice
We handle all matters related to estate or probate administration. Every estate administration is a little bit different. We are here to fully gather all of the information necessary to fully understand what needs to take place during the administration of the estate. Our firm will prepare a strategic roadmap in order to address all of the details necessary to move through the probate process as efficiently as possible.
Our lawyers will take care of all details necessary to settle the estate of your loved one. We will:
- Prepare and file any documents necessary to get you successfully appointed as executor
- Prepare and submit an accounting of the assets of the estate
- Notify all creditors of the deceased and work to see that all final debts of the estate are paid
- Prepare and file the estate and gift tax return, if necessary, and work closely with an accountant to ensure that all tax returns for the estate are filed, including the deceased’s final income tax return and inheritance tax returns
- Oversee the orderly distribution of the property in the estate in accordance with the terms of the will, trust or as provided for by law
- Address creditors’ claims and improper claims made on the estate
We also represent parties in probate and trust disputes. See our probate litigation page to learn more.
We frequently work with parties who reside outside of the state of Florida and internationally.
Helping You With a Guardianship Proceeding
If you have a family member who cannot manage his or her own affairs, we will help you explore whether guardianship is appropriate, and if so, we can help you petition the court to appoint a legal guardian. We will guide you through the process of appointing a guardian and can help you comply with any reporting requirements, once the guardianship is in place.
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.