Florida Estate Planning Lawyer
Our Estate and Asset Planning Practice
Estate Planning is more than just putting together a stack of documents. When you hire us to help you prepare and implement an estate plan, we will begin by learning as much as we can about your financial situation, including your goals and obligations. We will then carefully explain the different strategies you can use to meet your goals, from the use of wills and trust to the re-titling of property to avoid probate. We will also help you understand the effective use of lifetime gifts. When planning your estate, significant attention will be paid to the tax consequences of the different options.
Once you have determined which approach you want to take, we will review and prepare all documents required to put your plan in place, including:
- Simple wills — We can help you put together a simple document that sets forth how you want your final affairs to be handled, from the distribution of property to the care of minor children.
- Simple Living Trusts — We can create a trust for you, which will allow your property to pass immediately and thereby avoid probate. The probate process can be expensive and time-consuming.
- Advanced Trusts & Asset Protection – If your situation calls for advanced strategies to plan for asset protection, estate and income taxes, or special needs beneficiaries, we can create a wide variety of trusts including Life Insurance Trusts, Special Needs Trusts, Legacy Trusts, Joint Community Property Trusts, Spousal Access Trusts, Family Limited Partnerships and other vehicles to address the needs of people with more complex or larger estates.
- Powers of attorney — We can create and execute a document that allows someone else to make decisions on your behalf, should you become incapacitated.
- Health & Medical directives — We will work with you to put measures in place that identify who will make medical decisions if you cannot, and any specific medical practices you want, or want to avoid, such as life support.
Contact the Shams Law Firm
We offer a free initial consultation to clients with estate planning concerns. To schedule an appointment with an experienced Florida estate planning attorney, contact our office by e-mail or call us at 407-671-3131.
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.